- It helps to take a pain reliever 30-45 minutes ahead of time.
- Avoid caffeine before your waxing appointment.
- Avoid tanning the day of waxing.
- Gently exfoliate the skin prior to coming in.
- Waxing on a regular basis makes it less painful and thins out the hair.
- Hair should be at least a quarter inch, if your hair is long, please trim to “only” half inch for ease of waxing.
- Avoid exercising 4 hours before or after your waxing appointment.
- Please let me know if you have started or stopped any medications recently.
- To protect your skin I also need to know if you have done any treatments such as microderms, peels, use
Retin A or Retinol, any acne treatments, botox or any rx medications.
Please Note: AVOID waxing if you are under a Doctor’s care for Acne conditions and other Ant-aging products. (e.g. Accutane, Retin-A, Benzoyl Peroxide). Please inform your Esthetician if you are using any of the above products
Use of tretinoin, Retin-A, Benzoly Peroxode, Accutane may cause increased skin sensitivity, and waxing your face while using tretinoin at the same time can potentially cause further sensitivity. With that being said, there are best practices to follow when waxing while using tretinoin. If you choose to wax your face, it is recommended to stop tretinoin use 5-7 days prior and wait 1-2 days after getting waxed to resume tretinoin use.